Thursday, February 8, 2007

Beer Haiku

Haiku is a form of Japanese poetry that generally has three lines. The first is 5 on (roughly translated as syllables), then 7, then 5. Most true haiku makes a reference to a season, but I am using my poetic license in these beer haiku. Give it a try, post your beer haiku...all the kids are doing it these days. Here are four to get you started:

Westvleteren 12
Fine ale brewed by monks with love
The best in the world.

Saint Arnold was right
Said to drink beer not water
Show me to his church!

My favorite drink
Beer the nectar of the gods
Hops, malt, water, yeast.

Budweiser is crap
You are paying for their ads,
Water, rice, and corn.

Give it a try, post your haiku by clicking comments.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

foul-smelling water
don't make me walk out of here
PBR on tap

Good blog! We're just starting as well: www.mondaynightbrewery.com.