Sunday, December 26, 2010

I'm back, again...same time every year.

I am back and my apologies, yet again. I seem to come crawling back to my neglected beer blog every year around this time. Same old story, busy with my Tufts Museum Studies class, but this year things were even busier with my old bones chasing a 9 month old around the house. I have had zero time to post to the blog, and really no time to try new beers. She is the best though and I am not just saying that because she gave me a gift certificate to Kappy's Liquors for my birthday. She signed the card "now you can go buy some daddy juice!" Not sure if she meant beer or single malt whiskey, but it was much appreciated.

I have tried a couple of new beers over the holidays and I hope to crack open a few more between now and the start of my beer class on January 24th. I just had an Avery Old Jubilation Ale and on Christmas Eve I had a Sam Adams Barrel Collection American Kriek that was given to me by my boss for the holidays. I have an Abyss that has been cellaring since my trip to Portland (see two posts down) that I hope to get to this week and I will certainly provide a full review here on the blog. I also have the last 6 years of Samichlaus that I have yet to open. Please post about anything new you have tried in the last couple of weeks. I know one of my regular readers got a bottle of Sam Adams Utopias from Santa that I would love to hear about.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I don't have any beer nerd friends down here in San Antonio, so I'm glad I have someone to share with. A new "brewstillery" (they do whiskey and beer) opened here recently. It's called Ranger Creek. I got to try 3 of their 4 beers: Oatmeal Pale Ale, Mesquite Smoked Porter, and La Bestia Aimable. I don't drink dark beers much, but the Porter was actually my favorite. They all have complex flavors; a nice change from the usual Dos Equis or Bud Light.
If you some how get a chance you should try them.

Unknown said...

Trevi,

Great to hear from you. I hope you are enjoying the holidays and that you are well. I have not had any of the Ranger Creek beers. One of these days I will make it to San Antonio and maybe Austin too.

Cheers,
Jim