Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I don't drink coffee, but beers with coffee flavors...

I am one of the few people on the planet who have never had a cup of coffee. I grew up in a tea drinking household and never really had an interest in coffee. I do know that if I did drink coffee, I would probably take it black and very strong. Now beers with coffee flavors on the other hand, I absolutely love. I picked up a Troegs Brewery 12 pack recently and tried the Java Head Stout.



















Here is my review:

7.5% abv. Pours black with a half inch tan head. Coffee and roasted nuts on the nose. Great espresso and dark chocolate flavor. Silky smooth mouthfeel with good carbonation. Slighest bit of tootsie roll. Some citrusy dry hops at finish. Excellent lace. Dark cocoa flavors similar to European sipping chocolate. Excessively drinkable. Finishes extremely well with a pleasant lingering chocolate flavor. I really like this one, especially as a dessert beer.

No comments: